Super Juicy Turkey Sliders
Brighten up your burger night with this lightened up version.
- For Patties:
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 green onions
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 cup, about 1 coarsley grated zucchini
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2-4 Tbsp neutral flavoured oil
- For Yogurt Sumac Sauce:
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ clove garlic, pureed
- 2 tsp ground sumac
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To Serve:
- Lettuce cups, avocado slices, chopped tomatoes, fried onions, and Yogurt Sumac Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl, except ground turkey.
- Add in ground turkey and mix with hands until incorporated.
- Portion into mini patties about 2-3 inches in diameter and place on lined baking sheet. A portioner or lightly greased measuring cup helps with getting them all the same size.
- Preheat cast iron fry pan or oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and, in batches if necessary, brown on both sides. Transfer to preheated oven for 5 minutes or until internal temperature is 165°F.
- To make yogurt sumac dip, mix all ingredients together in bowl and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve in lettuce cups with chopped tomatoes, slices of avocado, Yogurt Sumac Sauce and fried shallots.